That’s a wrap for Skilljar Connect 2020! Over the two days, we shared, we learned, we networked, we celebrated, and we came away inspired. Our thanks to the Customer and Partner education experts from 800+ companies across 35 countries worldwide that joined us for sessions and roundtables.
We want to give our thanks to our amazing lineup of speakers who made this a truly one-of-a-kind event.
On the Program Strategy conference track, we heard from:
- Guru’s Chris Anderson and Imtiaz Alam who delved into the Customer Education Measurement Pyramid, sharing 3 levels of KPIs that demonstrate impact,
- Rod Cherkas of Gainsight, Zuora’s Shelly Berkowitz, and Sika’s Stefanie Menusso who presented the Executive perspective on the importance of investing in Customer Education,
- Craig Morrison and Jeff Resnick of OSIsoft who shared best practices and lessons learned about training a global audience, and
- LinkedIn’s Stephanie Hurst, Stephanie Pellegrino, and Sonia Sawlani who discussed how they manage learning across three different products.
- Snowflake Computing’s Keri Schneider and Amy Hargis demystified revenue generating Customer Education programs.
And on the Content Creation track, we heard from:
- Culture Amp’s Fresia Jackson who shared what she’s learned from her studies in psychology and people science to help you create the best possible education outcomes,
- Mark Tippin and Jim Kalbach from Mural who discussed collaborative learning and how to create engaging, educational activities,
- Jamf’s Randon Ruggles and Kyle Shuler who shared tips and tricks for creating content at scale,
- Debbie Smith of Braze took us on a deep dive into instructional writing, offering her expertise on the topic, and
- Liana Maharaj-Parrish and April Trask of Slack explored the space where content and certifications converge.
We also want to thank Slack’s Adam Avramescu and Oureach’s Dave Derington for doing a live recording of their Customer Education podcast, CELab.
Skilljar Connect 2020 also featured the annual Golden Skillet Awards, which recognize the top Customer Education programs in the world for their innovation and impact. This year’s winners are:
- Qualtrics and Dataiku, who were recognized with the Innovation in Customer Education Golden Skillet Award, which honors training programs demonstrating innovation, thought leadership and industry-wide contribution.
- Culture Amp, The Trade Desk, and Zuora, who won the Impact Award, which recognizes programs that have set and achieved ambitious corporate business goals.
- Alarm.com, Procore, and Moz, who won the Success in Practice Award, which recognizes programs that have achieved a remarkable milestone using Skilljar
If you weren’t able to join us this week, or if you’d like to revisit one of the sessions, recordings of all events will be available on Skilljar Academy in the coming weeks.
At the event, we also launched a professional certification program for Customer Education professionals called Foundations for Customer Education. Based on Skilljar’s experience working with hundreds of leading Customer Education organizations, this certification program is designed to help training professionals develop competency in program strategy, marketing, curriculum design, content creation, and measurement. To get certified, head to this link.
And last, but certainly not least, we announced new product functionality that offers our customers unparalleled flexibility in pricing and packaging their training content. This monetization functionality will enable Educators to curate unique training offerings for different customer accounts, roles, locations, and more. The functionality will open for early access to select Skilljar customers starting at the end of this month.
Thank you for joining us and we’re counting down the days until Skilljar Connect 2021!