In our recent webinar, Badging, Certificates, and Certifications: Which is right for your Customer Education Program?, I shared a variety of examples of credential programs, as well as several resources that you may find helpful as you build or refine your certification program. In theroundup below, you can find these resources and more. Have a resource you think would be helpful for the Skilljar community? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certification Magazine is a technical training and certification publication that features articles from experienced certification professionals, and advice on useful certifications and qualifications.
Create your own certification program: Step-by-step instructions, Peter Manijak
Building a Certification Program – 10 Steps, Warren Wyrostek
- Step 1: What is Certification?
- Step 2: The Model
- Step 3: The Plan
- Step 4: Identifying and Researching the Role
- Step 5: An Occupational Analysis
- Step 6: Task Analysis
- Step 7: Blueprinting
- Step 8.1: Instructional Design Part 1
- Step 8.2: Instructional Design Part 2
- Step 9.1: Five key questions about assessment design and development Part 1
- Step 9.2: Five key questions about assessment design and development Part 2
- Step 10.1: Building a Certification Program, Step 10: Managing your certification program Part 1
- Step 10.2: Building a Certification Program, Step 10: Managing your certification program Part 2
Other Useful Articles
- 7 Things You Should Know About Digital Badges, Educause
- 2 Certification Best Practices for Education Services Organizations, TSIA
- Training and Employment Guidance Letter No 15-10 – Credentials Resource Guide – Page 20, US Department of Labor
Examples from the Field
- Cisco Certifications Career Paths
- CompTIA Career Pathways
- Tableau Role-based Learning Paths and Badges
If you weren’t able to tune in to the webinar live, you can register now and view it on-demand: Badging, Certificates, and Certifications: Which is right for your Customer Education Program?