When you’re looking for an LMS for customer training, maybe you start with simple goals around scaling your program, but once implemented, it’s easy to see how a solid customer education program increases operational efficiency, drives revenue and product adoption, and helps raise brand awareness.
Customer education isn’t just an equation where if you do X, you’ll always get Y. We encourage Skilljar customers to think about what they want to accomplish first, and design their program with their goals in mind. Use this blog series as a guide to the impact an LMS can have on your company’s larger initiatives and end goals.
Increasing Operational Efficiency
This is one of the most common reasons to invest in a training platform. By having a single platform to create and deliver training content, all learners can easily access the most up-to-date content, whether they are a customer, partner, or employee. No more shared files or repetitive questions about the same thing – get the most value out of your customer success, support, and education teams through on-demand training.
- Replace repetitive conversations and one-on-one customer onboarding with on-demand self-paced content; this enables your customers to learn and scale at their own pace, and bring new people on without bogging down your onboarding teams every time.
- Elevate the conversation with your customers by using your team’s valuable time to begin discussing their needs, strategies, and success measurements instead of the ‘how tos’ of your system.
- Integrate training data with the tools your team already uses. Allow training to be another customer health and engagement metric by automatically passing training activity into your CRM (like Salesforce) and other systems.
- Resolve your top customer questions through quick ‘how-to’ or ‘deep dive’ videos or trainings instead of having them rely on your support teams.
- Reduce tribal knowledge by creating consistently delivered, shared, and accessible content for everyone.
- Integrate with marketing to create a prescriptive, personalized, and curated experience for your customers as you deliver their training content in bite-sized bits through nurture or drip campaigns instead of manual emails or calls.
- Reduce/Reuse/Recycle – don’t reinvent the wheel; easily clone and revise your customer trainings to repackage for internal or partner training audiences.
Want to learn about more customer training value drivers? Stay tuned for the next post in our blog series and check out our comprehensive online guide to Customer Education.