This past August, we published our eBook “Best Practices for Launching an LMS.” Last week, we discused the first step in the LMS launch process, Defining and Scoping. Today’s post will be focusing on the second step, Planning.
Important Questions to Consider
What is the time frame?
Ex: Do you have a specific launch date you have to hit? Are there multiple dates/phases to consider?
What content will you use?
- What will your training courses cover?
– Define outline of courses/curriculums to stay in line with goal.
- What kind of content do you want to use?- Ex: Video, PDF, Quiz, Text, Slides, Embedded Interactive, etc.
- How often will the product change?
– Consider the kind of changes you’ll need to make over time when deciding on your content choice. Ex: Two-minute videos are easier to replace than twenty-minute videos.
When planning for integration, you will need a team that will handle the tasks related to the LMS implementation and be responsible for decision-making. Define owners for all of the critical areas: content, user experience/access, branding, project manager, technical integration, business owner.
Stay tuned for next week’s post, where we will cover the third step of launching your LMS, The Launch itself!