What is Mindflash?
Mindflash is a cloud-based learning platform used primarily for employee training. Mindflash has over 1,000 customers and can also be used for customer/partner training.
However, since Mindflash is primarily designed for employee learning there are some limitations when it comes to training the extended enterprise (customers, channel partners, community members, and contractors). In addition, the pricing model is very expensive for customer training. Specific limitations:
- No e-commerce: Mindflash does not offer e-commerce. You must integrate with Shopify to sell training.
- Limited certificate functionality: Course certificates are limited to the basics of a downloadable PDF. No social certifications or advanced certification features.
- Definition of active users: Mindflash defines active users as trainees who are eligible to login, not ones who actually do. You must deactivate logins to stay within your user limit. This is not suited for customer training.
- Feature tiers: Key training features, such as custom domains, branding, and SCORM import, are only available on the highest subscription tiers.
Benefits of Skilljar
Skilljar is a fully integrated and hosted training solution that you can deploy in a matter of minutes. We are optimized for training the extended enterprise (customers, channel partners, contractors, and community partners), and we can certainly be used as a lightweight employee LMS as well. Key benefits compared to Mindflash:
- Built-in e-commerce: Add your own merchant gateways to accept customer payments with credit, debit, and Paypal. We support non-US currency and bulk purchasing (multi-seat corporate licenses). Run promotional campaigns using our promo code engine, retargeting support, and conversion pixel tracking.
- LinkedIn certifications: Certificates are available at verifiable web links and as downloadable PDFs. Trainees can add certificates to their LinkedIn profiles with one click. This improves brand awareness, social marketing, and helps turn your customers into advocates.
- Active user pricing: Improve ROI by paying for users who actually login to training. In addition, customer training features like ILT and SCORM are affordable at entry level subscription tiers.
- Multiple portals: Easily launch a separate training site for each premier partners, with either shared or custom content. This is great for professional training companies and as an upsell for your most important partners. It can also be used to separate employee from customer training.
Ready to learn more?
Let’s discuss how Skilljar can help bring your training program to the next level. Request a demo, and our team will contact you to set up a time to walk you through our platform.