At scale, companies offer a wide variety of training options for their customers, including on-demand training. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the many benefits of providing on-demand training, as well as some cons.
On-demand training offers many advantages. In general, it is a convenient and scalable option. Key benefits include:
- Available 24/7/365 around the world – Learners can access self- paced content immediately and at their own convenience, a top priority for adult learners.
- Consistent quality – With on-demand content, the quality of the training doesn’t vary based on the specific instructor assigned. Learners always receive a high-quality experience.
- Easy to update – There is a single source of content that can be updated once.
- Trackable – As a web-based delivery tool, companies can track very detailed content views, interactions, and session time, as well as combine the data with other internal sources.
- Low variable costs – The incremental cost of an additional learner is minimal compared to instructor-led training. Most of the costs for on-demand training are incurred upfront in terms of content development and LMS selection.
On-demand training is a great option for companies that:
- Need to train a large number of students
- Have frequent product changes
- Have products of low to medium complexity
- Have students who are geographically dispersed
- Have students who are tech-enabled
- Have students who are busy and difficult to schedule
- Are rapidly growing
- Value data and analytics
In our next post, we’ll discuss the pros and cons of another popular training option: instructor-led training.
Have anything to add to this post? Let us know in the comments!