What is Litmos?
Litmos is a cloud-based learning platform used in multiple industries. It is offered by CallidusCloud, a sales technology and software company. Litmos has over 1 million end users and can be used for employee learning, compliance, as well as for customer and channel training.
Litmos is a lightweight, easy to use, and modern system. However, since Litmos is a multi-purpose learning management system primarily designed for sales teams, there are some limitations when it comes to training the extended enterprise (customers, channel partners, community members, and contractors). For example:
- Limited e-commerce: If your company is selling training, Litmos’ built-in e-commerce is limited to a Paypal checkout form. Advanced e-commerce requires further integration using Shopify.
- Limited certificate functionality: Course certificates are limited to the basics of a downloadable PDF. No social certifications or advanced certification features.
- Clunky self-registration: To enable trainees to self-register for courses, you have to ‘sell’ the courses for 0.00. Litmos is better suited for assigning training to employees than it is for self-registration.
Benefits of Skilljar
Skilljar is a fully integrated and hosted training solution that you can deploy in a matter of minutes. We are optimized for training the extended enterprise (customers, channel partners, contractors, and community partners), but we can certainly be used as a lightweight employee LMS as well. Key benefits compared to Litmos:
- Fully integrated e-commerce: Easily accept student payments with credit, debit, and Paypal. Accept international currencies and multi-seat corporate invoicing. Promote courses using our advanced coupon engine, retargeting, and conversion pixel tracking.
- Social certifications: Certificates are available at verifiable web links and as downloadable PDFs. Trainees can add certificates to their LinkedIn profiles with one click. This improves brand awareness, marketing, and helps turn your customers into advocates.
- Optimized for self-registration: Students can browse course catalogs and create accounts on their own. No need for you to tediously collect email addresses, create accounts, and assign training.
- Multiple portals: Easily launch a separate training site for each premier partners, with either shared or custom content. This is great for professional training companies and as an upsell for your most important partners. It can also be used to separate employee from customer training.
Ready to learn more?
Let’s discuss how Skilljar can help bring your training program to the next level. Request a demo, and our team will contact you to set up a time to walk you through our platform.