Western blotting is a widely-used technique in life science research to detect specific protein molecules. While it is used for everything from cancer research to testing the accuracy of new drugs, information about the process is widely dispersed, methodologies are inconsistent, and there was no go-to, centralized library of resources. To fill this gap, LI-COR began working with Skilljar to create a centralized location where researchers could learn about the technique and find helpful protocols, as well as learn valuable hints and tips to get the best data from their experiments.
- Create a centralized, easy to navigate repository for information and training resources related to Western blotting
- Increase engagement with LI-COR’s products and services
- Build an alternative channel for lead generation
Together, LI-COR and Skilljar built Lambda U, a centralized training center with free and paid on-demand offerings intended to teach students around the world about Western blotting. Lambda U was designed to provide helpful information about this technique in one spot, allowing the researcher to spend more time learning and applying their knowledge to their research. Rather than focusing on LI-COR products specifically, they work with Support Scientists and Graphic Designers to create resources to ensure users around the world have the specific knowledge to correctly perform Western blots and obtain robust data from their experiment.
Lambda U also integrates with Marketo, enabling LI-COR to distribute tailored nurture and lead generation communications, and outreach to customers, partners, and prospects.
- Over 4,000 people added to Lambda U nurture campaign based on engagement with training
- In 2.5 years, Lambda U learners have spent more 2, 800 hours consuming content
- Lambda U has a 60%+ average 30-day course completion rate
As its Customer Education program evolves, LI-COR is in the midst of improving the user experience of Lambda U, as well as re-configuring the introductory series into shorter, more digestible learning modules.