What is Moodle?
Moodle is an open-source learning platform that is used by nearly fifty thousand organizations worldwide. As an open-source project, the code is available for free. Improvements and plug-ins are added by the community and partner organizations.
Moodle is widely used in an academic context. Because the source code is available, it can be extensively customized to the needs of different organizations. However, there are several downsides to this approach.
- Difficult to install: Because Moodle only provides the code, not a fully hosted and integrated solution, setting up an instance requires heavy developer involvement and operations. This takes both time and budget. One option is to hire a partner company to deploy a Moodle platform.
- Difficult to maintain: All technical problems, scalability, changes, upgrades, new versions, feature customizations, and server issues are your responsibility. If the platform is having problems, it’s up to you to figure it out.
- Requires extensive customization: Your developers will be trying to piece together dozens of plugins to achieve your desired result.
Benefits of Skilljar
Skilljar is a fully integrated and hosted training solution that you can deploy in a matter of minutes. Key benefits compared to Moodle:
- Get started instantly: Easily create content, apply your organization’s branding, and publish to your website. Get started within minutes instead of months.
- All-in-one solution: We provide application and content hosting. New features are rolled out automatically to everyone. Rest easy knowing that you’ll never have to worry about technical maintenance and that your learning site is backed by the reliability and scalability of Amazon Web Services.
- Professional Services: Customization is no problem. Our professional services team is happy to work with you on specific requests.
- Enterprise-Level Support: Our customer success team is ready to guide you through launch and beyond. We’ll partner with you to help achieve your business goals.
Ready to learn more?
Let’s discuss how Skilljar can help bring your training program to the next level. Request a demo, and our team will contact you to set up a time to walk you through our platform.